Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

To my beautiful daughter on her birthday

Dear lovebug,

Tonight, at 7:04 pm, you will officially be 5 years old. I can't believe how fast 5 years has gone by. It seems like just yesterday daddy and I found out we were going to have the honor of being your parents.


I absolutely loved being pregnant with you. Knowing that you were growing big and strong and feeling you kick was the most amazing thing I had ever experienced.

I remember just sitting on the couch watching my stomach move and jump because you were such an active baby.

Even though you took away my love for meat and made me want to eat my toothbrush and all the clean laundry in the washer, I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

I remember the hours upon hours of labor I went through with no pain meds because I wanted to give birth naturally. Unfortunately, you were stubborn from the start and it took 22 hours and an epidural later to get you out. Your daddy was so wonderful during the labor though. He would hold my hand and rub my back just to ease the pain of each contraction. I pray God leads you to a man as wonderful and thoughtful as he is!


Finally, in front of a room full of all the people that love you, you made your appearance. Needless to say, there were lots of tears and smiles, and maybe a few pictures were taken that night! Everyone was so excited to see you! The moment you were born you were put on my chest and all I could do was smile! You were absolutely beautiful and perfect down to your ten little toes! As you can see, daddy thought so too!
Since then, you have grown up so fast and I've been blessed to be able to stay home with you. I've seen you grown and learn at an amazing rate. You are smart, sensitive, and funny. You love getting dirty and playing with bugs, yet you have the best time dressing up like a princess.

You have the sweetest nature about you. You always want to serve us food, or get us water. You love to be loud and silly and you never want to be alone.


You are also "daddy's girl". You have been since you were a baby.

You love to go places with daddy or help him with his latest project. You have "daddy and Afton" time almost every night which includes lots of silliness!

I have treasured each and every minute I've had with you so far. Even though being a parent can be difficult it is also so rewarding. God knew I always wanted a daughter, and I always knew my daughter would be my first born. I'm so thankful He gave us you, my sweet Afton. I love being your mama!

I love hearing your prayers to God. So sweet and innocent. I love teaching you about His word and how He has a plan for each of us. I love showing you new things and seeing you get so excited about them. I am proud to be teaching you the things you need to know to be a the kind of person God wants you to be and the person I know you can be.

So, my sweetpea, I love you with everything I have and I am so proud to be your mommy! I'm proud of the little girl you are and I love you with all my heart.

Happy Birthday, my daughter!

Love,
Mama

1 comment:

Amy said...

it doesn't take long for them to grow up, does it?