Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Long distance blessings

I just had to share how faithful God is, and how He shows Himself to us. It may be in a particular verse you read, a song you sing, or it could be as simple as a friends email.

Today I was blessed by a simple, but heartfelt email from someone I consider to be a great friend. I'm so thankful God allowed our paths to cross, and, although we've never met in person, that we're able to share in each others lives.

A few days ago I shared a few things that were on my heart, things I had been struggling with, and I asked if she would keep me in prayer. I didn't hear back right away, but that was ok. I knew that she would keep me in prayer and respond to me when time allowed.

This morning I received an email from her and what she wrote brought tears to my eyes!

The verse she included was
Psalm 36:5 "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."

and one of the last things she wrote was,
"He is always, always faithful to keep his promises to us."


I was then reminded of the song "Word of God Speak" by MercyMe

I'm finding myself at a loss for words

And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say

[CHORUS]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak

I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice

[REPEAT CHORUS 2x]

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

Sometimes God speaks in a "still, small voice", sometimes its through music, and at other times He uses a friend to encourage you in ways you never imagined.

Today I'm thanking God for my long distance friendship with Apple.


No comments: