Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

We had a visitor today

He was hanging around the yard with my kids this morning, unbeknownst to me.

Would you like me to introduce you to our sneaky visitor?



I tried to catch him for the kids, but only got his tail. After that he slithered off into the trees. I ran over to the back of the neighbors yard, but it went into the brush.

Of course, I used that moment to teach the kids (briefly) about how snakes smell.

Afton was just sad she couldn't hold him. Maybe her next birthday party will be snake themed with a real live snake she can hold!



3 comments:

Apple said...

Oh, great birthday idea, Mom. Bummer that we can't come but our invitation will be lost in the mail. *smile and wink*

Belle said...

There will be no snakes! Love you, Your Husband

Apple said...

HA! Laughing at Mike...there comes a time when every man must put his foot down. Mike chose his time wisely. haha