Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Apple picking, mud and pies

That's what Saturday consisted of.

It started off grey and drizzly...but humid. We had plans to go apple picking, but the day wasn't shaping up the way we had hoped. It would rain, then stop, sprinkle, then stop.....

So, finally we just decided we would wing it! Getting a little wet never killed anyone, right?

We waited for Mike's parents to arrive, relaxed a bit, then headed out to the orchard. It was just starting to sprinkle when we go there, and it was still really humid.

After getting our bag for the apples we were walking towards the orchard when I had to snap a picture.


The pathway to the apple trees was a tad muddy which, of course, my kids just had to jump in.

We were able to pick one bag of apples and that was perfect because the rain started to fall steadily. I convinced people to smile for me while I took their picture and was even able to get one of me and Mike.


Afton and Caleb were so funny because they kept jumping in the mud puddles and losing their Crocs, and the mud kept weighing down Caleb's pants to he had to keep pulling them up.


Now, one thing I love about apple orchards is they almost always have their barn where they sell homemade food, fresh vegetables, jellies, jams, honey, fresh homemade donuts and apple cider. This place didn't disappoint!! The cider was amazing and the donuts were to die for!! Yummy....

We came home shortly after that and said goodbye to Mike's parents. Then the kids were bathed and the mud chipped off their bodies!

So, next time it rains and you want to go apple picking...go for it! It's a blast and the kids will love any excuse to jump in mud puddles.

Plus, you'll have tons of great memories!

With the apples that we got from the orchard I was able to make two pies. The pictures don't do them justice, but I'm posting them anyway!


We can't wait to dig it and taste them!!!

It was a great Saturday and so much fun!



1 comment:

Apple said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! I want to pick apples!!