Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Praise

This is my prayer this morning. Music can be a powerful outlet, but the words are the most important. This prayer was prompted by the song at the end. Please close your eyes while you listen to the words that are sung.

Father in Heaven,


Thank you for sending your Son to die for our sins, so that we may have eternal life through Him. It's only through His sacrifice that we are able to be called your sons and daughters. Only through Jesus' blood being shed that we, in our sinful state, are able to be washed clean. Only through that selfless act can we call upon the name of the Lord to be saved. All we have to do is turn from sin and turn to you and live our lives for you every day. What a small request for so great a sacrifice.

Thank you, Jesus, for rising from the grave and conquering death! Death could not hold you, it has no power over you!

In my imperfection I strive to honor you in all I do and say, every day. I am so thankful that my salvation can never be lost. So many times a day I find myself failing to be the woman or the mother You want me to be. So many times I cry out to you for help, for wisdom, for guidance. You are so faithful! You "never leave me nor forsake me!

Thank you for continuing to show your faithfulness and mercy. For proving, even though you don't need to prove anything, that Your plan is perfect and we just need to trust you. Thank you for sustaining us, you are our all in all. I promise to continue to trust in the plan You have for us even though we don't know what the future holds.

Psalm 138:8 "The Lord will work out his plans for my life, for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

As David prayed this prayer, so do I.



No comments: