Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

When you think you know...

Have you ever had that feeling in the pit of your stomach that you know something to be true you just don't have "proof"? You just have that intuition...that instinct. I've felt that one too many times. It's not really a relief when you find out, but it's just confirmation of what you already knew.

I must admit I haven't handled "the truth" too well in the past, but I've really been praying for a peace and an understanding in those types of situations. God has been faithful and He prepares my heart by giving me that intuition.

I know that the reason I didn't handle it well was because I was trying to be the one in control. Instead of letting God do the work I was trying to make sure everything was "right". I was the one in the way of what God was trying to do. That is a hard thing to realize, but once I did I was able to take myself out of the pilot's seat and let God do His job. It had to start with me giving up my will and trusting in His perfect plan.

How many times do we try to control a situation so the outcome is one we desire? How many times do we plan things so perfectly for us that we forget it isn't about us? We could be hindering God's work in our lives or someone else's life because we want the control that belongs to God.

I've realized that I cannot control a situation or a person. My responsibility is to trust that God has a plan in every situation and PRAY! I have learned (and am still learning!) to go to God with my feelings of frustration, anger, disappointment, fear, hurt, and betrayal. Who better to turn to than the One who has been through it all and has felt every emotion I will ever feel?

So, today, if you're struggling with control or the feeling of being let down by those you love the most I urge you to get on your knees and seek God's will in this situation. Pray for wisdom, peace and understanding. Ask Him to help you let it go and relax.

Philipians 4: 6 & 7
"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let
your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus."


I can honestly say that I've never felt so at peace after finding something out that I "knew". However, just be careful not to believe everything you hear unless it comes from that person or you have spoken with them directly.

Those are my words of wisdom for today. Born from personal experience & jotted down really quickly because it was heavy on my heart and felt God was leading me to share it with you.


No comments: