Pages

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Update...and a bit of rambling too

Thank you so much for all of your prayers yesterday!

Without going into a lot of detail, Mike and I are in the process of seeking legal counsel. I found a Christian lawyer who is pretty local and we went to see him yesterday. (and, no, we're not in any type of trouble...lol)

The meeting went very well and we left excited (if meeting with a lawyer is exciting)..either way, things look very positive moving forward!

Now comes the financial part...

We don't have the finances to continue with this, so God needs to provide the money for us! I have complete faith and trust that if He wants us to continue then the money will be provided. I also trust in His timing! I know I am the type of person to want to get things done, and so is Mike. However, God's timing is perfect and we need to be patient and wait for His leading.

Proverbs 16:9 " The mind of man plans his way, the the Lord directs his steps."

So, I guess a continuation to this would be to pray for the finances to move forward, faith in God's will to be done (because it will no matter what), trust in God to provide the finances, patience, and the wisdom to make the right decisions. Also, please pray that we would plan our way, but that our way would be God's way.

I just want to add that I am so thankful that God brought Mike and I together! We've been through some pretty tough stuff, both individually and as a couple! I praise God every day that He was merciful during the times we fell away, but even more so that He forgave us and brought us back into the fold! I'm so thankful that God made Himself known to Mike in a way that was real and life changing several years ago. God is awesome!

I am so thankful that God created us to be a team...one person...one flesh!

Ephesians 5:31 "As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one."

I am reminded of that every day as a wife. Mike and I are a team. It is so easy to forget that sometimes, especially when you disagree about something. As long as we are both striving to be the husband and/or wife that God wants us to be, and we are keeping Him #1 in our lives then He will bless our marriage. We cannot do this without Him!

Anyway, that is my update and a little more than you bargained for. Sometimes when I feel these things I just type and see what comes out!

We have another busy day ahead of us so I'm off to get us ready to go.

Enjoy your Saturday!

(Don't remind me...pictures...I know...lol)

No comments: