Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday afternoon reflections

It's so easy to get caught up in the things we have to do, the commitments we need to fulfill, and the people we need to see that we forget to stop and just....be still. I was reminded of that today as I went from one thing to another. Today is the first day that I looked at my calendar, saw what was written on it and said, "No, I am not going anywhere!" For the past several days me and the kids have been busier than normal. I can tell it's getting to us because of how not smooth things are going!

So, today, after a rough start I decided to just be still.

I've been reflecting on how amazing God is. How awesome and all powerful He is. How He deserves so much more than just a prayer on Sunday morning or in times of hardship. How He deserves and, dare I say, requires a life of humble servant-hood. I am honored to serve Him! I am honored to serve Him in my marriage, my parenting, my friendships, my work, my words, my thoughts, my deeds, and my life! He deserves that much and more! How could I not serve Him with every fiber of my being especially with all that He has done for me!

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world."

So, with that being said, watch this video and give praise to the One and only God, maker of heaven and earth, our creator and Lord.


No comments: