Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2008

How quickly time flies by....

...when you're so busy!

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post! That's horrible!

We have something going on all the time right now (or so it seems!).

So, enough of my excuses...I have to get back on track so I'm not leaving you all hanging and un-entertained!

Yesterday was Afton's first swimming lessons. She absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back! This time Mike will be with us so I'll be the one in the water with her. Apparently that's how it's supposed to work, but I never read that when I signed her up online. Maybe I missed it, but you would think they would say it pretty plainly. Or maybe I should have realized it. Either way, Mike will be there to reign in Caleb and I'll be able to help Afton. It will be good for all of us.

We're off to do more strawberry picking this morning. Last week we picked about 4 1/2 pounds and went through those in 3 days! Yeah...that's crazy! Today I want to get about 8 pounds and hopefully I'll have enough to make jelly, freeze some for smoothies, and then have some to just eat. There is nothing like eating fresh strawberries!

Then tonight we're going to the farmers market that our town has on Thursday nights! Last week I picked up some raw milk (straight from the cow) and Mike said it was really good! I don't drink milk (except cream in my coffee) so I couldn't tell the difference. I took his word for it. So, we're all gonna go see what we can find. Some weeks are great and others aren't but we're still in the middle of the good growing season so there should be lots to look at.

Last week I also picked up some really yummy chai tea. It's the loose tea that you add to boiling water. Then you add the milk and some sweetener. When you're done you strain it and drink it hot or pour it over ice! It was so good! I'm used to the commercial, pre-packaged, wicked sweet chai tea, but this was so not like that. I'm almost out already so I may pick up more if we have enough money with us.

Anyway, that's just a quick blurb to keep you busy for 3 minutes!

I'll chat at you later!

2 comments:

Apple said...

Well, now I totally want to try some of that tea. I have the most difficult time with anything but sweet ice tea; I blame it on Southern roots. I'm not culturally ignorant and I will try hot tea every couple months or so, but I can't find one that I like.

Apple said...

I would definitely like any names that you want to recommend...I love trying new stuff.

I'm the same with wines...I really want to be sophisticated enough to enjoy it :) but I have a hard time finding any that I like. I'm just not that "cool." ;) Oh well.

If you want to email at any point, my link is on my profile page.