Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

A random thought at 5:30 on Saturday morning

My favorite time of day is the early morning. I love the peaceful quiet of the house, and the sense that it's a fresh start. Nothing as happened yet. It's a new beginning and we have an opportunity to make it the best day ever.

I tend to do a lot of thinking in the wee hours of the morning, before there is even light. Mostly because I don't have the sweet sound of children running around the house to distract me. I think about my day, the things I need to do, the goals I have to accomplish. It's at that moment that I need to be committing my day to God in prayer. As it says in Proverbs chapter 16, verse 9 "We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." (NLT)

My intentions and plans could be wonderful, but I know that God is the one that directs me in the way He wants me to go. A lot of times I kick and stomp my feet just like my children do when they don't want to do what I've asked. Yet, I act the same way. My responsibility is to obey, just like I tell my children. I am to obey God without question, cheerfully, and right away. That is easier said...

I have a greater understanding of what my kids go through on a daily basis when I look at it like that. I can bring us to the same level and see things from their little eyes. The consequences are different, but the attitude is the same.

God wants each of us, old and young, to obey and respect our authorities. Unless we are asked to do something in disobedience to God, that is. With that being said, we are to obey and respect our current leaders in this country. That doesn't mean we will agree with everything they say or do. We won't like certain decision they make, in fact, we may be completely against it. However, our job is not to belittle the leaders God has put in position. Will they make the right choice every time? Will they be perfect, making no mistakes? Of course not. Is that our job to make that call? No. Our responsibility is to research our current and potential leaders, make an informed decision, and vote for the candidate that is the best choice, one who will not blatantly disregard God's commands.

If a leader is appointed and it's not the leader we wanted we still have to respect and pray for that leader. No matter what. We respect the authority he or she has been given by God and we hold our tongue when it comes to "bashing" them. Of course, we can have an opinion about something they believe or have voted for, and if it is something that directly goes against God's word you can believe He will have something to say to them when they meet Him face to face.

As long as I hear from my God, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

During this presidential election please be praying for our soon to be leader. They need your prayers. They don't need to be bashed. Strongly disagreeing with a standpoint is one thing, but leave the insults and degrading comments out of the race. There is enough of it to go around.

Finally, a quote from John Quincy Adams: "Duty is ours;results are Gods."

We have a duty to be on our knees. That is how we can support our country and our president. We can't change what happened 4 years ago, but we can continue to pray for the future decisions that will be made.

Please prayerfully vote.

...and if what I just wrote wasn't enough to read, then please read this.

God honors obedience to Him especially when it's not the popular thing to do.


No comments: