Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

Homemade Orange Julius

This is not a recipe I thought I would ever like.  However, when I found a recipe similar to it online I was reminded of my dad and how much he enjoys them, so I thought I would give it a ring.


I modified the recipe to fit what I had in my fridge and cupboards and tweaked it to our taste.


  • 1 cup OJ
  • 1/2 cup milk, almond milk and/or soy milk work just fine as well
  • 2 TBS sugar (or sweetener of choice), tweak to your taste
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 6 ice cubes

Blend all ingredients (except ice cubes) for a minute or so.  Add Ice cubes and blend until smooth.

Verdict:  My dad, my hubby and my kids loved it!!  I'm not a big orange drink/creamsicle fan, but I thought this was pretty good too.  Definitely a hit & very dessert like.  Which is great because I can use zylitol or some other healthy sweetener (is there such a thing???) and my kids think I've given them the best dessert ever!


 

No comments: