Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Day at the Orchard

I am a bit behind in posting, but I have a good excuse.  Really.  I do.  I just can't think of it right now.  Could be the baby that is due on Thursday.  Yeah.  That's it.

A few weekends ago we ventured out to a local apple orchard that has the best, to-die-for apple cider donuts.  We went to pick apples too, but the donuts are always the highlight.

The day happened to be a bit windy and chilly, but we're New Englanders!  We're tough.  We go through winter in shorts and flip flops.  Ok, maybe not shorts, but I have worn flip flops in winter.  Something about not being able to let them go.

Where was I?

Oh...yes, we were going apple picking.  The main objective was to get apples so I could make a few homemade pies.  Which I did.  I ended up making 4 pies and only 1 stayed home.  I was a little bummed especially after all that hard work, but I gave them up willingly since it made other people very happy.

Here are a few pictures from our apple picking adventures.




Waiting for the tractor to come around

Pretty Orchard

Reach!

Caleb loves sticks!



The pros

Going around again




The only proof I was there :)








So, that was our fun and exciting apple picking trip!  I only wish the season hadn't been so short because I would love to go one more time!  There is nothing like fresh picked apples from an orchard!

Yummmmmmm



No comments: