Pages

Friday, June 19, 2009

Verses for today

Psalm 30:11 & 12
You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent.
O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

Ecclesiastes 3:1a & 4
For everything there is a season, A time to cry and a time to laugh.
A time to grieve and a time to dance.

I've been thinking a lot about God's will, as you can probably imagine. Not in a questioning way. I'm not asking God "why?" as that is not my place to ask this. I simply accept His will knowing there was/is a reason this little baby was not meant to make an appearance on this earth.

I guess I've just been thinking about the future and what He has in store for us. A ton if thoughts run through my head and I'm so glad I don't know the future. That would be too much pressure. There is such peace in just resting in God's will and not worrying about what will come next.

I want to be prepared spiritually to take on whatever comes our way. So far Mike and I have been so blessed by being able to completely trust in His will. We are so at peace and so excited about what is to come. You just never know.

So, while we are sad and we mourn the little baby that we never got to meet, we also know God's plan is far greater than our measly, human plan.

It's also a comfort to know that mourning is a natural part of life. God knows this better than anyone of us. Can you imagine how He felt when He sent His only Son to die on the cross for a bunch of sinners who didn't even appreciate or accept Him? He did it anyway because He loved us and wanted us to be able to go to heaven.

For this I am so thankful!

Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts. We truly appreciate it all!


1 comment:

~Sandy said...

Just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and that I chose your blog for an award. You can pick it up over at mine, if you would like. Enjoy! (((hugs))) Sandy