Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Today's Quote

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I read that.

Then read it again.

Then thought about how it applied to me.

I'm ashamed to say I may say things one way, but my actions say something entirely different.


For instance, in my calling to be a mommy:

When I talk to the kids am I telling them they need to be kind to each other, yet I sound frustrated? Do I tell them to get along, yet I am raising my voice? Am I explaining things to them in love or impatience? Do I look at them when I speak or do I say things as I walk away?


I know my children will not learn what I am trying to teach them if I don't take the time to train them. Look at them. Speak to them at eye level, not above them.

So, here are my two challenges this week:

Laugh more

Be sincere in word and deed

1 John 3:18
"Dear children, let’s not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions."


2 comments:

Rune said...

Beautiful verse:9

I have awards for you:)

Wib.

Terri said...

Thank you for sharing that. Those are really good thoughts. I'm embarrassed to say that I often am full of contradictions between my words and my actions.