Saturday, March 7, 2009

If I weren't so tired I'd be laughing

Let me just start by saying that I need sleep. Anyone who knows me knows that if I don't get sleep I get a bit cranky. I could cry at the drop of a hat. My mind plays tricks on me. It's not fun.

So, this week was especially interesting.

Monday night I watched the finale of The Bachelor. That was a waste of 3+ hours and lost sleep I can never get back. I was so mad....anyway.

I prepared myself for a little bit of a sleep hangover.

Tuesday night was home group so, again, didn't get to bed until a bit later.

Wednesday I went to bed late because I met up with a friend. Someone I haven't seen in 13 or more years!!! Totally worth no sleep.

Thursday rolls around and I'm pretty much on automatic. I'm definitely not functioning at 100%.

So, I make sure I get to bed by 8:30 that night...ahhh...bliss. I woke up the next morning feeling slightly better.

By 7:00pm on Friday I was cooked. So, I stayed up for a bit with Mike, ate sushi (yum), then crawled into bed. That was about 9:30 so I figured I'd get a good 8 hours, maybe 9 if I slept in until 6:30. (lol...remember when sleeping in was between 9-11???)

Here is where the fun begins.

Max. Our just "fixed" boy kitty. Decides he wants to use the extra testosterone (or whatever boy kitty's have) before it fades away. So, he decides to tear up the place.

So here was my night:

11 something:
Max is tearing around the house. Too noisy. Mike is still up so I ask him to put Max in the bathroom (confined) when he goes to bed

12 something:
Max is tearing up the bathroom. I let him out in hopes he'll find a comfy bed to curl up on for the night

2 something:
Max is attacking Gracie. Gracie howls. I get up. Max hides so I have to chase him. Lock him back in the bathroom and hide everything so it doesn't end up on the floor.

2 something:
Max is playing with the toilet paper roll and is very loud. I go back in. Max gets out and start running around. I take everything movable and stuff it in the closet. I'll clean it up later. I go find Max, who is hiding under Afton's bed. I proceed to crawl on the floor and chase him.

5 something:
Max is trying to open the under the sink doors. Very loud. I hear birdies though. One, lone cardinal calling out to his friends. No answer. They haven't made it back from the south yet. I end up blocking the sink doors. Realizing I may as well stay up. Reason with myself and say, "I'll get a few more minutes of sleep." Finish barricading Max. Open my window and let the glorious breeze come in...ahhh...perfectly cool. Listen to the lone bird calling out. Sqqquuuaaawwwccckkk....

Ack!!! What is that noise?!?

Check on kids. Asleep.

Check doors and windows. Closed.

I can't figure out where this noise is coming from!! It's a horrible squawking sound. It sounds like a goose with something in it's throat. I keep hearing it, but can't figure out the source.

Quickly I realize I am NOT going back to sleep, so I start an all out hunt for this noise.

I stood in one room and waited until I heard it. Then I would get close to it. I walked by it several times and I did this for about 15 minutes.

Finally I gave up and made some coffee! I hear it again.....

So, I go into the livingroom, walk over to the side table and look to see what's on it.

You would never guess what was making that horrible, loud squawking sound??


It was low on batteries and was telling the whole house. Ok, so I'm the only one that heard it. I attribute that to mommy ears. They hear everything.

Now I can't even go back to sleep. Darn.

1 comment:

Southern girl in New Hampshire said...

This sounds like what happens when I try to get extra sleep too. I am laughing! Thanks! Love your blog.