Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

A Challenge

I was challenged this morning while reading a devotional about being a consumer or a giver. The author made some very good points about how we consume so much. Whether it is food, books, newspapers, TV, games, or sermons. All those things aren't bad, but we seem to obsessed with "consuming" them.

So, the challenge was to consume less and give more. It really made me pause and thing because I've been convicted of that a lot lately. God has been speaking to me on this very issue. Sometimes it seems to take longer for me to implement it in my life because I justify it. I say things like, "this isn't bad" or "It's my relaxation time" or how about "I just have to 'not think' for a while". I say that sometimes when it comes to the computer. Instead of "not thinking" I should be going to bed earlier. Making wiser use of the time I have.

We are to be good stewards of what God has blessed us with and that includes our time.

"Freely you have received. Freely give."
Matthew 10:8


No comments: