Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekends are never boring

What a great weekend....

There was busyness, fun, family, food, relaxing, laughing, reminiscing, driving, and lots of love!

Here's the rundown (I'll try to keep it short and sweet!)

Miya was here at 7:45am on Saturday. Mike left for Lowe's around 10:30, so I took the kids to the park. We were only there for about an hour because it was getting near the lunch hour and my boy is like clockwork, "Feed me (or else)!"...Ok, so he didn't really say that, but he may as well have...anyway, he was getting crabby so off we go back home.

Shortly after lunch Mike is back home. He shows me the goods and then everyone is out to play. I finish up some laundry while Caleb naps. Around 2-ish Mike goes to get his oil change, but he's in for a surprise (not a good one!). They tell him a hose is about to blow. So, off to a garage he goes. He finds one and has it fixed for a LOT less then he was expecting. Still, not money we had to spend, but it's better than being on the side of the road. So, I smile and say, "That's good. I'm glad it's fixed." Mike's happy because he found "his" new mechanic.

Later on Mike takes the girls out to dinner because he wanted to spend more time with them. They found a good place to eat and brought home the leftovers. Yum!

After more playing outside, showers and baths we tucked our kids into bed and....went to sleep too!

Sunday AM we went to the 10:30 service. This made Mike very happy since he isn't a morning person (if you read my last blog you'll know what I think about the morning!). After that we had my family over for a cookout and we always have a blast! There was more playing, laughing, and eating and then it was time to bring Miya back (sad!). She wanted to stay another night and even called her mom to find out if she could (I was so proud of her!). She had to leave a message so it didn't end up working out...maybe next time!

My sisters ended up coming with me so that was great! We're a picture family so there were a ton of funny shots while riding in the van. When they forward them to me I'll post some! After dropping Miya off we went to the mall. Megan had to exchange a pair of jeans and I needed lip gloss. My lip gloss is whole different post all together. Then we found a photo booth!!!! More pictures....

On our way back to my house my sisters said it would be cool to drive by our old house. (My parents actually built it 18 years ago and we still love it. Memories!) So, I make the turn and up we go. Needless to say, when you get 4 sisters together, on a ride, with a camera and one is without her children, silliness is bound to happen!

I'll leave out the gory details, but lets just say it included my sisters "screaming" (for fun) at some young boys/kids walking on the side of the road with tubes ("Is that a horse?"), drive by's, (US:"drive by real slow, wave & say 'Hi' to our old neighbors. Kel: "guys, no, this is so embarrassing!), pictures of our street sign, pictures of our old house and having to ask the shirtless guy if we could, "Maja!", trying to find a red light so we could do a Chinese fire drill, getting all green lights, driving through town and finally getting one, laughing all the way around the van, getting back in giggling and driving back home. *whew* Too much fun! I love my sisters!

When we get home we see my dad and Mike painting the shed and my kids are very dirty! So, it's time for baths (at 8:00 at night).

Kids are bathed, dressed and tucked into bed and I crash.

Monday I woke up in a funk. I was tired, cranky, my head hurt and just in need of something and even I didn't know what it was.

It was a very warm day, but the kids and Mike were outside for a good part of it. The kids decided to use the hose and take a mud bath. Seriously. The were covered in mud from head to toe. I forgot to take a picture of them...it would have been a good one too! Mike finished painting the shed and it looks really good! So fresh and clean and new!

The rest of the day was just normal stuff. I reorganized the closet, the kids played, I actually took a nap! I really needed it.

So, that's about it for the weekend. Today it's back to the normal routine which is good too!

I'll have to post a "weekend in pictures" when I get the ones from my sisters! They are so much fun!

Sisters = best friends!

I'm off to get kids their breakfast, hungry tummies are calling!

No comments: