Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas memories

This past Christmas seemed to be more relaxed than years past. That was a good thing!

Most times we're so busy driving from one place to another and coordinating times and dates and places that we don't have the chance to just enjoy everything. It's understandable with a big family and extended relatives, but sometimes it becomes a chore, not a joy. Especially since we live about an hour from everyone and we have little love bugs. That means lots of packing and unpacking!

So, this year we switched it up a bit with my family and that seemed to help a ton. We all (my side of the family) figured that since we had the more flexible bunch we should have our family Christmas on January 1st. That way there is no pressure. We did plan a little hang out at my mom and step dad's place though. That way we could still see people without the gift giving and all that.

While it was strange not to do Christmas on Christmas it was also quite nice. Plus, we had all day on the 1st to hang out and nowhere else to go before or after!

Christmas morning was nice because we woke up, ate and opened gifts with the kids. They are at such a fun age right now and I loved watching them play with their new things.

Afton's gift to Mike was a box of hot chocolate. She was
so excited to give it to him because she knows how much he likes hot chocolate!


We bought Afton a camera since she loved using mine.
Do you think she liked it?


From me.


Mike's helping Caleb with his remote control car. I think Mike
was more excited than the kids were...lol


My most favorite gift from my hubby!


A little bit later Mike's family came over and we exchanged stockings with them. The kids were also given a few more gifts which they were siked about!

Now they both have their own Nemo


Caleb's favorite toy. It lights up, beeps as it backs up and
has a tractor that comes with it!


Afton was given roller skates and she absolutely loves them. She
wears them all the time...in the house!


A man and his tools. He's a happy boy!

(I don't have any pictures of me since I'm the one behind the camera. I'm ok with that though.)

Later on we went into town to pick up Miya and then we visited with some of my family for a little bit. After that we went home and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

After that we went home and enjoyed the rest of the evening.

Mike had to work the next day so it was just me and the 3 kiddos! We had a great day and the kids had a blast playing together!

Our next Christmas was Mike's big family gathering on the 27th. It was really nice to see everyone and catch up. Plus, it was quite entertaining (to say the least). We always do a yankee swap and this year someone put in a "couple's" basket. We won't go into detail about the contents. Needless to say it provided many moments of laughter (and blocking of children's ears...lol).

After that, of course, was the 1st with my family. As always, it was a good time with great food!


So, those are a few pictures of our holiday gatherings. I didn't post any of us with Mike's family just in case they wouldn't appreciate it. I never had a chance to ask them and I'm not sure if all are ok with being posted on my blog!

I hope everyone had a safe and merry Christmas!


1 comment:

Rune said...

It seems like you have a great christmas:)

Nice pictures:)

Wibeche